Natural disasters are declared in Victoria between six and 10 times every year.
In 2021, the following eight disasters were declared:
1. Wellington Storms and Floods: 23 March
2. Victorian Floods and Storms: 9 June
3. Eastern Victoria Floods: 3 September
4. Southeast Victorian Storms: 30 September
5. Southeast Victorian Storms: 15 October
6. Victoria Storms: 29 October
7. East Victorian Storms: 12 November
8. Baw Baw Storms: 2 December
Disasters can affect Centrelink payments in ways you may never have imagined.
Read more about our Disaster Preparedness and Response Plan.
We’ll be posting articles on disaster preparedness and response over the next six months, as well as more in the ‘Did You Know’ series. Make sure you don’t miss a thing: follow us on social media and subscribe to our monthly e-bulletin.